Our safety has been made possible by thousands of people across Bengaluru who are risking their lives every day on the frontlines to help minimize the impact of COVID-19. Police personnel & nurses are having a tough time as frontline workers. As they are always on the move and are constantly clad in PPE kits, even when they're on their monthly cycle. During this time the body temperature is elevated, this is an uncomfortable feeling and often times if they go for too long without changing pads, it becomes unsanitary even.
Recognizing this need, the Inner Wheel Club of Bangalore Blossoms aims to provide menstrual cups/reusable pads to the policewomen & nurses in Bengaluru. This will specifically be provided to the 2000 women officers in the Bengaluru Police and also to govt hospital nurses and housekeeping staff in Bengaluru.
These are sustainable & economical alternatives.
- You pay a one-time price for a reusable menstrual cup, unlike tampons or pads, which have to be continually bought throughout the year.
- Menstrual cups are safer as they collect rather than absorb blood, you’re not at risk of getting toxic shock syndrome (TSS), a rare bacterial infection associated with tampon use.
- Reusable menstrual cups can last a long time, which means you’re not contributing more waste to the environment.
THE FUNDS WILL BE USED TO IMPACT THE WOMEN POLICE PERSONNEL & HEALTHCARE STAFF IN GOVT. HOSPITALS ACROSS BENGALURU.
THE TOTAL FUNDS REQUIRED TO PROVIDE MENSTRUAL CUPS/REUSABLE SANITARY NAPKINS IS INR 7L. IN PHASE 1, WE AIM TO RAISE INR 3.3L, ANY FUNDS RAISED BEYOND THIS WILL BE USED TO IMPACT MORE FRONTLINE WORKERS.
INNER WHEEL OF BANGALORE BLOSSOMS
Inners Wheel is an international women's organisation to create friendship, service and understanding. It has clubs in over 100 countries with over 100,000 members. It was founded in Manchester. Members address real-life problems with practical solutions, as well as render financial help whenever there is a crisis, whether this occurs locally, nationally or internationally, for natural disasters or for people suffering in war-torn regions.
One such club is Inner Wheel Club of Bangalore Blossoms who have just stepped into their 2 years but have been executing projects which are above and beyond the expectations of a new club.
Some of the projects that have been completed by them are:
1. Installation of Aaga Compost Unit at a park & tree plantation.
2. Mega Health camp & cancer screening camp in a rural area.
3. Sponsoring of fees for students.
4. Contribution towards medical treatment including cleft lip surgery.
5. Contribution & help rendered towards COVID-19 relief.
6. Distribution of cotton reusable masks to 1500 Bangalore City Police.
ABOUT ROTARY BANGALORE INDIRANAGAR
Rotary Bangalore Indiranagar, is a 140 member club, with members from diverse communities and regions. It's engaged in various community service projects which include projects around health, infrastructure, water conservation, education. It's a model Rotary Club and we are very proud of the partners we have and the impact we have made. Some of our initiatives include:
1) Karunashraya - Hospice for advanced cancer patients.
2) Pediatric Heart surgeries: We do over 300 annually
3) Eye Care Hospitals at Kolar & Tumkur: Over 5000 cataract surgeries done annually.
4) We have 8 adopted schools
5) BGMS - We support the stay and school for 300 orphans & parent children.
6) Vocational Training on Computer course, Retail, and Banking.
7) Pediatric Cancer Treatment
8) Scholarship to 500 needy students annually.
9) 78 Anganwadis restored.
10) Lake revival schemes.
They are a very transparent and system based Rotary club and are known as a model Rotary Club.
Funding for this campaign is eligible for tax breaks as Rotary Bangalore Indiranagar is a registered NGO & you can avail of benefits under section 80G of IT act. Foreign funding is accepted too.
Will we get to know the details of who benefitted?
Yes. After the money has been collected it will be transferred by Fueladream to RBI. We will update you on the details of the beneficiaries as soon as possible. Once we get this information we shall upload a report on the UPDATES section of this campaign. You will then get an alert & can read details about the beneficiaries.
When do I get the receipts?
The receipts will start getting processed about 4 to 6 weeks AFTER the campaign is closed and will be sent to you directly.
How does crowdfunding work?
Crowdfunding in India is a relatively new concept & is growing very quickly.
It’s a concept that allows a large number of funders (like you) to fund an idea or a cause or event by giving small amounts of money online. Fueladream.com is a crowdfunding platform in India that allows for such pooling of funds. You can fund innovations & ideas on FuelADream and be the first to get these products or make them come true. You can also do a good turn by funding charities and causes through crowdfunding. When you fund a charity it’s more like a donation & you get small innovative rewards like a shout-out on an FB page or a thank you email from the beneficiaries.