School to Shooting Range
When he was in Class VI, Manoj Kumar was introduced to shooting by Justin Vijay Jesudas, an International Paralympic Swimmer and National Rifle Shooting Champion. His first glimpse was at a shooting camp for persons with disability.
Why do you need to support Manoj?
Manoj is a great example of not just surviving but thriving from the challenges life has had in store for him. Here is why you must chip in:
- Manoj and his mentor, Justin Jesudas, believe that to go the next level and trrain representing India at the Paralympics, Manoj needs a world-class rifle.
- Manoj Kumar and his family have been instrumental in showing the way and motivating 14 children with spinal cord injury to get back to school.
- Manoj is India’s youngest Peer Mentor, as his example of Living Well with Spinal Cord Injury, motivates not just the children.
- Manoj without a bedsore so far, the biggest enemy for persons with paralysis. This impressive task speaks volumes about the discipline this child has.
- At The Wipro Chennai Marathon on December 3, 2017, Manoj ran 10kms on his wheelchair, unassisted. He used to just run along with his dad for five years.
TAX BENEFIT OF FUNDING THIS CAMPAIGN
Manoj comes from a poor household. His dad is an autorickshaw driver and mom is a housewife, but a home full of love whose family members work together to make his life better. Despite the limitations, Manoj and his family make sure they attend every awareness program on injury prevention without fail
What he needs to be able to compete with world champions
The rifle Manoj is using to train and compete is outdated and out of shape. Plus he need some additional gear to ensure he has everything in place to perform well.
- A professional ‘Peep Sight’ rifle that will help him get better shots with improved accuracy.
- The Walther Model LG 400 Expert Anatomic (Laminated Wood Stock) is an industry standard match rifle. It lightweight and great for Manoj to use. (SAMPLE IMAGE BELOW)
- Plus a professional shooting jacket (SAMPLE IMAGE BELOW)
- A pair of shooting gloves
- 20 tins of pellets for practice
Please invest in Manoj’s life and know that you have played a part in nurturing India’s budding Shooting Superstar.
COST BREAK UP
What are the crowdfunding charges?
Fueladream charges 2% for the payment for the payment gateway and 7% as crowdfunding charges. With GST the total comes to 10.62%. There is also an initial fee of 3000 INR which is being waived for us.
How does crowdfunding work?
Crowdfunding in India is a relatively new concept & is growing very quickly.
It’s a concept that allows a large number of funders (like you) to fund an Idea or a cause or event by giving small amounts of money online. Fueladream is a crowdfunding site and platform in India that allows for such a pooling of funds.
You can fund innovations & ideas on FuelADream and be the first to get these products or make them come true. You can also do a good turn by funding charities and causes through crowdfunding. When you fund a charity it’s more like a donation & you get small innovative rewards like a shout-out on a FB page or a thank you email from the beneficiaries.