The SPERO E-Bike ….the new E-Kid on the block!
Our new, cool, funky electric bicycle takes the exertion out of riding a bicycle. It’s an urban commute vehicle, not only does it leave a zero carbon footprint, save you on big fuel costs, but will also ease the congestion on the roads in big cities
FACTS & FEATURES
- Comes in 3 models
- E-30 – Has a range of 30 kms on a single charge
- E-60 – Has a range of 60 kms on a single charge
- E-100 – Has a range of 100 kms on a single charge
- Speed – 25 kmph max
- Acceleration - 0-25kmph in 10 seconds
- Gears: Comes with 5 speed digital gears in the electric mode
- Battery: 48V Li-ion battery with a 1-year warranty and charges from 20 to 80% in 6 hours.
- Detachable battery for ease of charging
- Charging: From a regular 5amp socket like your Smartphone!
- Ease of use: Standard bicycle parts (Tyres, cables, mud/rear guards) can be used on the SPERO
- Tyres – Imported from Korea
- No driving licence required
- No insurance required
- Advanced features: Pedal assist & regeneration
- Has cruise control
- Front shocks & disc brake included
- Available with headlights.
- Available in funky colours
- Fits into all bike racks
(Deliveries will be only be done in India .Prices indicated below include cost of delivery)
The bikes can be pre-ordered exclusively on Fueladream.com and everyone that orders the SPERO E-bike right now gets it at a 40 % discount!
This cool, funky bike is being rolled out by Milltex and is setting the stage for continued innovation especially in the field of green technology. Mr Manikandan, the brain behind this innovation, understands and embraces the need for us to move towards a more environmentally conscious way of life. This is his contribution to encouraging that way of forward. Which is why he’s taken an environmentally friendly way of transport and transformed it into a more viable, more attractive mode of transport.
A solidly built Indian product
There’s another amazing thing about this new e-bike. It’s another brilliant ‘Made in India’ story, well almost. Manufactured in Coimbatore, this bicycle has seen three years of intense research and development. It is made with a judicious mix of locally sourced materials and local ingenuity, & key imported components – The battery comes from Samsung, the motor and tyres come from partners in Korea.
Crafted, piece by piece, 36-year old, Manikandan, has oodles of experience in the manufacturing realm and an MBA to his name.
Manikandan says, “The experience I gained through years in the factory has given me the ability to innovate this cycle to perfection. The other thing that working within the manufacturing has given me the knowledge and expertise with handling machinery and sourcing materials that work best with this e-bike. Finally, all these things together has helped me to build a strong and reliable e-bike at affordable prices without having to compromise on quality.”
E-30 colours: Blue
E -60 colours: Blue & Orange
E-100 colours: Blue, Orange & Black
The team from Milltex will call you after your order to confirm your colour preferences.
Production & delivery plan:
Production will take place in the Milltex Coimbatore factory, where your decision will not just fuel our dreams, but those of our workers and their families too.
Lets come together to save the Planet
One of the biggest issues blighting the world right now is the environmental damage we have caused the planet. There has been a rapid rise in the emission of greenhouse gases and other nasty pollutants in the atmosphere. The product of this abuse meted out to the planet is widely seen in terms of the stark rise in temperatures, the prevalence of chronic illness like bronchitis, asthma, cancer, etc. The problem acutely affects the big cities.
The time for action is upon us, gone are the days when we assumed that this was a problem for future generations. Time has come to rectify the years of exploitation inflicted on our planet. What if there was a way to reduce your carbon footprint on a daily basis that was also not as debilitating as having to cycle yourself across the city. Just bring home the SPERO E-bike.
- What is the background of the promoters of this product? Where is this bike produced?
- The bike was produced by MILLTEX which began its humble existence in the 1970s, dealing in textile machinery spares and renovation kits. The group from its inception till 1990, renovated more than 7000 carding machines and with experience gained over the years established a private limited company – Milltex Engineers (P) Ltd. The current Management team ( S. Manikandan, Supriya Paul & Mothilal) with a hope to build a better tomorrow is leading the charge in e-mobility. A holistic plan for mobility after careful study of the industry’s evolution, the current global scenario and the National Electric Mobility Mission 2020 was created. In early 2015, a team of motivated youngsters were given an assignment to design the first of the many products / solutions planned.
- How is the bike on handling uphill terrain?
Performance on hills depends on the steepness of the hill and the weight load on the bike. In some instances, people will need to use both the pedal and the motor to go uphill.
- What’s the maximum weight limit?
We've tested the bike up to 120Kgs .We cannot make any guarantees about performance or durability above that weight.
- How high can the seat extend?
The seat can extend a full 12”. This put it 42 inches off the ground.
- What is the frame size?
The frame is 44" from axle to axle. 68" tire to tire.
- How much does the bike weigh?
- Depending on the model the bike weighs approximately 16 kgs without the battery & 26 kgs with the battery
- How much does the battery weigh?
The battery weighs approximately 3.5 kgs
- What are the battery specifications?
- 36/48-volt Lithium - Ion battery is designed for long running time. Batteries can be charged hundreds of times without noticeable loss in capacity. Model: Lithium-ion18650, BMS, Charger and Aluminum Case | Top quality battery, no memory effect, high energy density, long lifecycle. | Electric/Pedal assist range up to 40, 70, 120 kms (rider weight and terrain contingent) | Under Electric Power Range - up to 30, 60, 100 kms (rider weight, wind speed and terrain contingent)
- Is there a rear-splash guard option? Is there a back-tire rack option?
That option is currently not available through us. This bike has standard frame qualities making it easy to modify with aftermarket products, including splash guards and rear racks.
- Can I replace the parts on the bike?
- Sure. We had a few different options for the parts that we decided to move forward with. The decision to select these parts come down to price, availability at scale and quality. It is entirely up to you on what parts you would like to use. Replace them at will.
- I have seen the wheels on a bike before at my local bike shop, can I buy those if I pop a tire?
- Absolutely. The SPERO eBike uses parts that are already on existing bikes on the market. The bike parts can be found online, or on other bikes so they are commercially available.
- Is this a single speed bike? Can you limit it to 10MPH for off-roading?
Yes, you can limit speed. Pedal power is on a single freewheel gear, as it was designed to receive motor assistance. It has 5 Speed electric Gear shift.
- Is there speed monitoring/digital display on the bike?
Yes there is built-in digital display/speedometer.
- Is there a key/interlock to prevent accidental starting?
Yes there is interlock currently. However the throttle will not start until you shift digital gear by pressing the button to activate the motor.
- Will a standard U-Lock fit around the wider frame?
This varies depending on the type of lock, and the type of U-Lock that you use, but in general it will work with most consumer bike locks. Remember that the center portion of the frame is utilized for the battery compartment so all frame related locking would be through the back wheel and frame which is ideal in most cases.